Connolly’s of Leap presents : CMAT
24th April 2021 7:30pm
CMATis the stage name of Ciara Mary-Alice Thompson, a global pop star who lives in Dublin with her grandparents, where she is currently recovering from an AliExpressaddiction. Her influences include Dory Previn, John Grant, Paris Hilton, XTC and KFC.
Paste Magazine: “(CMAT) has made waves in very little time with her infectiously camp, tongue-in-cheek nature, evoking Dolly Parton and Lily Allen at the same time.”
Her debut single, the supremely catchy ‘Another Day (kfc)’, was released on April 22, swiftly followed by ‘Rodney’ – possibly the first single by a Finglas-basedartist to reference dearly departed American stand-up Rodney Dangerfield– in June. The songs picked up mentions from a number of outlets, including Popjustice, Paste, The Sunday Times (Ireland) and Nialler9; radio support from Irish national stations 2FM and Today FM; and streaming support from Spotify, who added them to their NMF UK and Fresh Finds playlists, amongst others. Her third single, ‘I Wanna Be A Cowboy, Baby!’, is released on September 23.
Nialler9: “CMATis the new Irish artist you need to know.”
CMATannounced her first socially-distanced Irish dates in September, with two Dublin shows and one Cork date selling out immediately. She makes her debut in Connolly’s on Saturday October 31.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE ARE REOPENING & THE SAFETY MEASURES
– We will be operating at a reduced capacity until further notice.
– Our new capacity will be reduced from 150 down to 40 fully seated cabaret style pre booked tables from 4 – 6 people.
-All tables are 2.5 metres apart from each other. the table are to be split over the balcony and ground floor
– If you wish to attend the show then you may book a table for your group to share with housemates, family or social bubbles.
– We ask you to remain at your table for the duration of the show except to use the toilets
– Table service will be provided by our staff from now on as the bar is for staff only.
– Pizza menus will be handed out for anyone interested and the food will be served before the show on a table service basis.
– When you book your ticket we collect your name and email address for contact tracing. Before entering the venue we will also be taking everyonestemperature
– When queuingtoenterthevenue we ask you to remain at least 2 metres apart from the person in front of you as we check-in and seat people. Once you enter please wait to be seated.
– There are hand sanitising stations on entry and more throughout the building. All high touch areas are disinfected on a regular basis as are the toilets.
– Our staff will be wearing protective visors or face masks and everyone will be washing their hands religiously.
– While it is not compulsory, if you wish to wear a face mask in the venue we welcome the effort.
– The safety of our staff, customers and performers is paramount and the steps we are taking will ensure that everyone can enjoy their night and remain safe while doing so.